August 19, 2022

Ricky Martin speaks out after dismissal of ‘devastating’ incest case

3 min read


Ricky Martin is finally able to begin the healing process after his nephew’s “painful and devastating” claims that they had an incestuous relationship were dismissed in court on Thursday.

The “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer, 50, explained in a video message TMZ. Through Why didn’t he address the allegations himself when they first surfaced earlier this month – despite his team Strong denial of “false and fabricated” claims of the time.

Martin, formally dressed in a suit and tie, said, “For two weeks, I was not allowed to defend myself because I was following procedure, where the law … not obliged me to speak before a judge.” used to do.” in the clip.

Earlier on Thursday, the “She Bangs” singer was set to testify during a hearing of a protection order filed against her, but her 21-year-old nephew Denise Yadeel Sanchez withdrew her charges.

Martin’s lawyers told Page Six that the accuser “confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the case was his alone without any outside influence or coercion, and that the accuser confirmed that he would not be able to reach his legal representation in the case.” are satisfied.”

A paparazzi shot of Ricky Martin in front of a car.
Martin said his nephew’s claims were “devastating”, but he still wants them “the best”.
gc images

Sanchez, the son of Martin’s half-sister Vanessa Martin, previously alleged that he and the pop superstar were in a seven-month relationship, and followed her to their home after they broke up two months earlier.

In his video message, Ricky expressed relief at the dismissal of the case, but noted how it has affected his and his loved one’s lives over the past few weeks.

“Thank God these claims turned out to be false, but I’m going to tell you the truth, this has been very painful and devastating for me, for my family, for my friends,” he said. “I don’t wish that on anyone.”

Screenshot of a statement from Ricky Martin's lawyers.
Martin’s lawyers issued the statement after his misconduct case was dismissed.
ricky_martin/instagram

The “Nobody Wants to Be Lonely” singer, whom Sanchez claims is “nonsense” but holds no grudges towards his relative, whom he, his teammate, and half-brother, Eric Martin, have publicly called for mental health issues. claimed to be suffering from

Ricky said, “I wish him all the best and I wish he gets the help so that he can start a new life full of love and truth and happiness and he doesn’t hurt anyone else.”

The father of four children, who has been married to artist Jawan Yosef since 2017, said his priority now is to “fix” and he plans to do so through music.

“I can’t wait to be back on stage,” he said. “I can’t wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertained, which is what I do best.”

Van Yosef and Ricky Martin on the red carpet together.
Martin has been married to her husband Jwan Yosef for five years.
Getty Images for Red Sea

Ricky will hosting a concert at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on Friday and Saturday, according to her Instagram.

The Grammy winner ended his message by thanking all his supporters, including his family and his fans.

“You have no idea how much strength you have given me with every comment you write on social media,” Ricky said. “I want you to love and light, and here we come with the same strength and passion. God bless you all.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.